Friday, May 29, 2009

Walk

I got up to go on a walk today and before I got out the door Lanny was up. It was only 6:30 so I was a bit surprised. I told him to go back to bed, but he wanted to come because exercise is good for you. He rode his bike and was so sweet. He kept up a constant conversation, although when he had something really important to say, he had to stop so that he could use his hands to get his point across. At one point we were going down a slight incline and he didn't even have to pedal. He was excited and said,"Look, Mom, I'm pushing on those "urting things" and I'm still moving!" He is just like his father, always using the technical term for things. I told him they were brakes, but "urting things" seems like a better term to me too! I'd have to say, although, I didn't go as far or as fast as usual, it was my best walk yet! The experts are right when they say exercising with a buddy keeps you motivated. It was definitely worth getting up early to spend some time with him!

No comments: