Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thanksgiving...

I know, it's not even November, but I've kinda been struggling. I want to scream, or cry, or do both most of the time. I have fabulous friends and family who call me to chat and I never call them back because I don't want to just cry and complain on the phone. So....I thought I'd list a few fabulous parts of my life. Because even though I feel picked on, the balloons have all gone flat, the cake has all been eaten, so this pity party needs to be over....(I said it needs to be, that doesn't mean I'm ready to leave the party yet, though). Anyway, I am extremely blessed so here's a couple positives in my life....and cut me some slack, the list isn't huge, but I'm trying.
 

My kids are fabulous...I truly am the luckiest gal in the world to have all four of them. Each one is a miracle and although they are my toughest challenge, they bring me joy every day! Here's a pic I found on my camera from this last summer...love it!

I am grateful for my insane husband. He has some addictions, that crop up every fall, and he has to run to the mountains and shoot things, but he is still a fabulous man. His health is still not the best and I am so grateful that although we don't know what is making him sick, whatever it is hasn't been life threatening. He's also uber patient with his equally insane wife.

I am thankful for a place to stay. I can't say more, because it will be negative.

I am thankful for my friends and family who understand that I love them even when they have no idea why I won't talk with them.

I love running water, when the wind blows (it reminds me of home), and making my kids Halloween costumes. Which, if you have seen Disney's Sleeping Beauty, just think of the part where the fairies are trying to make Aurora a birthday dress without using magic...that is so me...and Lanny, sweet boy, was my dress dummy today and had to try on Louie's dress because she decided to disappear.

I'm grateful for children's books that make me laugh...yummy recipes to try in the kitchen...warm slippers (thanks Heather),...and pinterest, oh how I love you!

Cookies...yummy...nuff said.

I actually could continue, but everything I'm thinking of are little things. I guess it's those little things that make life so special, though. I am a lucky blessed girl!

No comments: