Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Got My Back!


On New Years Eve, I went out to feed the chickens and got trapped in the coop. The wind blew the door shut and the latch closed. I wasn't worried because Aaron had a wire that ran through the wood that was connected to the latch. I pulled and pulled, I didn't know it at the time, but the wire had broken and therefore I could pull I wanted and it wasn't going to do me any good. I could see the kids inside, they were dancing in front of the sliding glass door. They, however, couldn't see me because it was dusk. Thanks to those "Tender Mercies", I had my phone on me. I never take my phone out, because I tend to drop things, but for whatever reason, I had picked it up on my way out of the house. I called my neighbors, who were just going into a movie (another blessing...they weren't watching the movie yet). They in turn called another neighbor whose number I didn't have. Within minutes I could here someone running towards the coop. My sweet neighbor Al, didn't even stop to put a coat on, and it was a freezing cold day, but ran straight over to rescue me. I feel so blessed to have great neighbors that watch out for me. Now that you know the background, let me tell you what happened last night.
I went out to feed the chickens and it was after dark. I told the kids to come look for me if I wasn't back in 10 minutes. Louie and Kessie wanted to come, but I told them it was cold so they should just wait inside. I got the feed and was headed for the coop when I heard a commotion at my back porch. When I turned I saw two little angels illuminated in the porch light, jumping down from the porch. Coats on, but not zipped, running as fast as they could toward me. "We gotcha Mom, we're coming! If you get trapped, we'll get you out!" Louie yelled. Kessie of course, echoed her sentiments, "Yeah! We here!" They helped me feed and water and stayed right with me, keeping me safe! How blessed I feel to have such children, who also watch my back and keep me safe!
Now, if I could just get rid of the chickens, I wouldn't have to have people rescuing me every day! Oh well, I do play the damsel in distress part quite well!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a great story!! LOVE it!!