Saturday, October 11, 2008

Afflerbach Achievers


I received a note in the mail inviting me to come to an assembly called "Afflerbach Achievers", where Lanny would be receiving an award. I was so excited. Apparently, every (I'm not sure how often) teacher gets to pick four students who have excelled in some area and give them an award. Lanny got his in reading. We got to sit on the stage with him (Louie was so thrilled to be up there with him she couldn't stop hugging him.) Then the audience cheered for everyone and they popped some balloons filled with confetti. Lanny didn't know he was getting the award, or that we would be there, so he was super excited! Afterwards his teacher came up and said, "I gave you your award in reading because I had to pick just one area, but you are great in every area!" He really beamed! We really like Mrs. Jackson, she is always very nice and complimentary towards every child.

I was pretty proud as well. I know I'm bragging a bit, but with Lanny being the youngest in his class, I always worry that I did the wrong thing by putting him in school instead of waiting a year. So far he loves it, and is doing well. I guess time will tell all though.

2 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Congratulations! What a great award.

Grandpa Craig said...

Way to go Lanny!!!! Grandpa Craig and Grandma Marian are proud of you. We love you and your sisters. Congratulations!!!!