Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Grandpa Evans

EvansRichardOCropped

When last we met we were happy swimming around like fishies! Since then we've been to Aaron's Grandmother's funeral, my Grandfather's funeral, had St. Patty's Day, and Easter. The snow is melting and then it's a blizzard and then it's melting again! Just craziness as usual around here. I didn't get any pics at Grandma Helen's funeral, but I did take some at my Grandfathers. This was a hard funeral for me. My Grandma and Grandpa Evans have been a huge part of my life and I was always at their house when I was young. My grandparents made me feel very special and my siblings and cousins spent many happy hours running and laughing, camping, and eating with them. He took care of my Grandma as she grew increasingly more frail and played Skip-Bo with my Downsyndrome Uncle every night. He was a war veteran and so they gave him military honors. It was a horrible, yet amazing funeral. Love you Grandpa!





This is my beautiful Grandma! She understands Grandpa is gone sometimes, and then other times just thinks he's running errands. Her favorite color is lavender and I just noticed that she has purple flowers. She can always make me smile!

No comments: