Sunday, July 29, 2012

"COW"Girl

So Aaron convinced Louie that she would have a blast riding a calf. After all, he did it when he was young, therefore it must be a brilliant idea, right! Of course, after we had signed her up and were walking over to the chutes, he has the nerve to say,"Wow, those are some big calves!" Not really what I wanted to hear. Before you see the pictures, I want you all to know that I love my child, and also...my child is a smart girl...she said she's never doing it again!
Louie was so happy, and excited while she waited. She got a little nervous once they had loaded the calves into the chutes, but she persevered.
There were so many calves that the young men helping had to kick and prod, just to get them moving, Not Louie's, her calf came out of the chute with it's hooves on fire!




After the ride, the kids all turn in their numbers and get two dollars. We told Louie to go get her prize money. Her response was, "It's only two dollars!" I agree, for risking life and limb, she should have gotten a bit more....we did buy her a snow cone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are blogging! I miss you like crazy!