Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dad Always Knows

My Dad always seems to know what I need, even if it is by mistake. I just received a voicemail message from my Dad. He thought I might be interested to know that Hannah Dakota Fanning was born in Georgia on Feb. 23, 1994 (this is all from memory, so if I got something wrong, I'm sorry.) Thus, she will be fifteen this year. I'm not really a fan, in fact it took me several minutes to figure out who he was talking about. So your reaction is probably the same that mine was. Uuuhh, so?!? Thanks Dad for thinking of me, but seriously why do I need to know this? Well, after I listened to my message twice, and thought of all possible reasons for this message I called my Dad. Apparently, my sister had been wondering about her and Dad had mixed up who needed this information. As I write this, I am still laughing hysterically. I laughed while talking to my Dad, I laughed while I fixed lunch, and there doesn't seem to be an end to my mirth. So maybe my Dad called the wrong daughter, and maybe not. I really did need a good laugh. Love you, Dad! Thanks!

1 comment:

Grandpa Craig said...

It's sad when the young poke fun at a senior moment... I remember when I was a senior in high school and college. I just can't remember the last twenty-four hours very well. The older I get, the longer it takes to get my memory warmed up. However, I'm glad that my loving daughter found so much happiness in my feeble-mindedness. I look forward to challenging her at a game of Boggle or (darn, I can't remember the name of that other game... it uses letter tiles and you place the letters vertically or horizontally to spell words (Marian and I played it last night so since it is in the 24-hour limit, I won't remember it until late tonight or tomorrow) and it rhymes with babble... Oh well, whatever it is, I'm sure I can take her... What was I writing about...? Where am I...? Did you know that Hannah Dakota Fanning was born 23 February 1994 in Conyers, Georgia?