Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner

As we all know, Thanksgiving is only a few days away. King Soopers (our grocery store out here) is having a sale on turkeys. You can now get a turkey over 16 pounds for only eight dollars. But seriously, how many people want to go buy a bird that you just stick in the oven on Thanksgiving Day. I know everyone would rather go buy a turkey license for $16, get up at 4:30 in the morning, drive 250 miles one way, stalk a poor unsuspecting turkey that is happily eating in a farmers corn bin (it is fairly cold out), and yippee, you actually hit the thing, then you have to drive 250 miles back home so you can pluck it (wow, that sounds fun), clean it (even funner), and then stick it in the oven. Did I mention since it is a wild turkey it will probably only weigh 10 pounds or less. Now that is fun!!! So fun in fact that I went with Aaron last night to watch him buy a turkey license, then I got up at 5:00 after he had loaded the car, woke Lanny and Louie up, and got them dressed. I kissed them all and sent them off on a marvelous adventure (yes, I'm sarcastic, but they were thrilled) to get us a Thanksgiving Turkey. I'm supposed to be sleeping, but can't due to the visions of some awful accident befalling my family. I know this sounds like more fun than Disneyland to everyone, but if you don't quite have the willpower to get out of bed that early, or you don't have any turkeys waddling about, stay tuned because I'll be posting pictures of their exciting adventure soon (hopefully, they did take the camera so I hope they remember to take some pictures.) Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: