Saturday, September 7, 2013

Poor Man's Jackson Hole

Aaron had some training in Cody, WY, so we accompanied him as our vacation for this summer. While he was in classes, we were in the hotel pool. I actually didn't get any pictures because we were always swimming. But it was fun. We went window shopping, swam, watched SpongeBob, swam, swam, well, you get the idea. All my kids are getting to be really good swimmers and none of them are afraid to their heads under. We also visited the Cody Dam, which is super high and Louie thought about dropping Aaron's phone over the edge, but we stopped her before there was an accident. There was also a little LDS visitors center in the church building. We stopped by and were looking around when Kel started pulling on my hand and she was laughing and smiling. She pulled me over to show me the miniature Christus statue. We talked about it for a moment then I put her down and continued looking, she immediately started tugging on my hand and pulling me back. She was pointing and laughing and so happy. She had to touch the statue. She knew Jesus, it was such an amazing moment for me. I honestly believe that she isn't talking because she still remembers so much from her premortal life. I wish I could say that I knew Jesus that well. It's my kids that teach me about the important things. Love that little girl!
After Aaron was done with his training. We went home by way of Thermopolis and the natural hot springs. We stayed over one night and went swimming the next day. It was really fun. The pools were around 99 degrees (I think) and there were three different slides. I loved the big, mondo, oh you're so brave slide. Keston loved the indoor one, which made me claustrophobic. And Kel loved the little one that was about the length of two adults. They had a high jump, which Lanny, Louie, and Aaron went off of, seriously, they're nuts. I definitely think we need to go back sometime!
We were able to travel through Yellowstone Park and see some mud pots and buffalo. We stopped to look at dinosaur footprints, and enjoyed family time and tag in the park!






No comments: