Friday, February 22, 2013

Rapunzel


Last weekend was pretty crazy. On Friday the kids and I went down to Logan to meet my Mom who has been visiting in Salt Lake City. We got a hotel room and did some shopping, eating, and the best was the swimming. I mean really, isn’t that why everyone gets a hotel? The only reason we weren’t in the pool the whole time was because we had to go shopping to get new swimsuits. I wish I could have gotten pics of the kids in the pool, but it was so steamy in there that I didn’t dare take my camera in. Kel is extremely terrified of water…as in a major phobia. I went into the pool with her and she flipped. I tried for about fifteen minutes, but to no avail. So I set her in Grandma’s lap at the edge of the pool and she splashed us and was very happy. On Saturday morning we, of course, went swimming again. I didn’t even get in my swimsuit or put Kel in hers, because why bother? Kel sat in my lap and watched her siblings having fun. Finally it was too much to take. I took her back to the room and got her swimsuit on. We got in the pool and she was thrilled! She loved it. She splashed and kicked and even let me throw her up in the air and splash back into the pool (obviously, I didn’t let her head go under). We played with a ball, and her siblings all went under and grabbed onto her legs. Forty-five minutes later I had to drag her from the pool! I was sooooo proud. It was such a fun time and we all had a great time visiting with Grandma. The only pics I got were of the girls in their new hats that Auntie Heather sent them….funny, huh, and Kel on the phone. She loves the phone! I unplugged it so she wouldn’t call anyone. Although, I hope she takes the time to call me sometime!

On Sunday we had to go to the viewing for  Grandma Helen (Aaron’s grandma on his Dad’s side). She died last Wednesday after slowly getting worse. Grandpa Bob, her husband died last April and she just hasn’t been the same without him. I think it was a blessing, and everyone is glad she is in a better place. Her funeral was on Monday, so we went to that and then Aaron took the kids snowmobiling. By the time school started on Tuesday, we were all ready to go back and return to some normalcy. I was so busy last week, and now I have nothing to do (I mean that as in nothing pressing or fun, of course, I could clean, but really, who wants to do that.) I rather like having nothing to do, a boring life…as in no drama, is the life for me!



No comments: