Saturday, November 24, 2012

Louie's House

Grandma Clark, lives in a house in front of the one where she grew up. One time when we were out visiting I looked through the front door of the old house. There, right by the front door was a pair of shoes. Not a single one, but a pair. Those shoes totally took over my thoughts and I just had to go back and take a picture of them. So, why were they left behind? Why did no one cross the yard from the new house and go back and get them? I love those shoes. So, while my Mom was here visiting, we went back, so she could watch the kids while I took a picture of the shoes. I ended up taking pictures of the whole house, around 133 pictures actually. I probably would have taken more, but it got dark. Anyways, here's a couple pics of this amazing house. I showed Grandma Clark the picture and she said, "Oh, yeah, those were Mom's shoes." Her mother, Louie, is who my Louie is named after....you probably didn't need me to tell you that.
One of Grandma Clark's kitties. She looked so pretty camouflaged into the house.


Louie's shoes, I love them. They are so beautiful to me. They belonged to an amazing individual.

Same shoes....aaaah, they make me happy...I know, I'm weird!

I love this picture, minus some idiots camera bag in the background.

As if the shoes weren't a big enough mystery. The south side of the roof has all the nails working their way out, but only on that side. Yeah, twilight zone....but uber cool!

So what's the first thing you think of when you see that ladder? Mine was, "Who was sneaking up to steal a kiss?" Yeah, I'm a romantic.

I wish I was a better photographer and could capture what I was thinking as well as the beauty of my subjects. This picture means a lot to me. I love the history, our families history, meeting our families future, and doesn't that pink pop against the gray? There are obviously no "No Trespassing" signs, none are needed, I was right there screaming, "Don't you dare go in there, the roof will cave in and you will die!" Hey, it worked!

This cement mixer was used to pour the foundation for the new house.



No comments: