Monday, July 19, 2010

Off the face...

I know most people think we fell off the face of the planet, but sorry to disappoint, we're still here, just way behind. I'll try to catch up, but that will never happen, so just go with it. We've been back from our Flaming Gorge trip for a week. It was really fun. We had my grandparents, Aaron's friend and some of his kids, Aaron's folks and Uncle Derek and Whit all come and camp with us. It was great! We loved seeing everyone. First, let me tell you the highlight of Lanny's trip. We pulled into our campsite at dusk on Wed. and all my children immediately got in the lake. We hadn't even been there a half hour when they all started screaming. I thought, "Great, they've drowned!" But no, Lanny had seen a carp and decided to catch it. And when he decides to do something, he does it. He was sopping wet and struggling, but he had a huge carp in his butterfly net that he was trying to get to the bank. I ran for the suburban to get my camera. He caught this thing with his hands and his $1.29 net. So I never want to hear anyone say that the big one got away because they didn't have the right equipment! He was so proud! I was too, except for the fact that he smelled disgusting. I made him wipe down with sanitizing wipes and then I wouldn't let him sleep near me! But he didn't care, it was his "prized possession!"
Other than that initial excitement, we had a relatively calm trip. Aaron caught loads of fish, Grandma made killer meals for us, the kids swam, Kessie kissed her new "best friend" in the trailer (yeah, we're in so much trouble with that girl), and I took a few pictures.
Here's just a couple:





This is my all time favorite picture from the trip. Uncle Derek had been playing with the kids while they floated on the tube. He of course, kept them steady and spun them. They all had linked arms and were screaming with delight. Well, this one time they all were leaning to the side and he decided not to stop gravity, he also says he can't remember if he nudged them a little...we all know though. Over they went. Oh yeah, love these feet! Their faces when they surfaced were also quite priceless!

No comments: